Assistant House Manager
Assistant House Manager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Assistant House Manager
Hands-on service oriented position at the main Toronto residence, with trips to other properties outside Canada.
- Day to day running of the property to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Hands-on high-quality services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to the household members, guests, staffs and outside service providers.
- Work alongside housekeeping to completed on a daily basis, including special projects and deep cleaning, as required.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces, including silver and delicate items.
- Table and drink service.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping and dry cleaning.
- Occasional children supervision.
- Occasional chauffeur duties.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Performing table setting and table service during events.
- Travel to the employer’s properties outside the country for up to 2 months at a time.
- Report directly the House Manager.
- Troubleshooting and ‘’on the spot’’ small repair and replacements.
- Reporting any maintenance and repair needs.
- Assistance with Windows/Mac OS, MS Office related requests (printing documents, iTunes music upload, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Handling general requests as needed in a timely matter.
- Minimum of two (2) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on (a most) house and household work and knowledge of all areas of a large private residence and organizing.
- Respect of the privacy of the employer (restricted private areas).
- Must be tech savvy (familiar with the use of smartphones, SmartHome systems, Windows and Mac OS, MS Office, etc…).
- Possess a strong knowledge of high level etiquette.
- Applicants must be service oriented and self-starter.
- Excellent food and beverage service skills for service and events.
- Ability to walk, climb stairs, bend, and perform repetitive motions for long hours.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and function effectively in a team environment.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to travel, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service in an informal setting.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skills and keen work oriented.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be professional, polished, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on projects.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs to 50lbs).
- Possess a valid driver’s licence, a good driving record and provide own transportation.
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children and pet friendly.
- Can travel worldwide without restrictions.
- Smoke-Free environment.
70,000 to 80,000 per year, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Variable (flexibility required).
- Work hours: Split Shift (flexibility required).
- No benefit plan available.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
* This job description may change without notice.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.