Laval, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Caretaker-Houseman
- Day to day running of the main and secondary properties to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Light work and minor renovations.
- Handyman services, including HVAC maintenance, basic electrical work, mechanical room management, Wi-Fi, pool maintenance, etc.
- Outdoor maintenance (i.e. flowers, lawn mowing, snow removal, cleaning, moving furniture, snow removal, etc.).
- Identify maintenance needs and repair projects.
- Hedge cut, flowers planting and managing a vegetable garden.
- Perform various errands (nursery, home improvement stores, etc.).
- Supervision of household installations, trades and vendors.
- Vehicles, machinery and nautical crafts management and maintenance.
- Occasional Chauffeur duties.
- Overall vehicles management, including storing, mechanical inspections and maintenance, fuelling, washing, etc.
- Answering the doorbell (control entries/exits), greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Occasional assistance with private and social events.
- Travel to the different properties as required (Laval, Laurentians, Florida, France).
- Responding to emergencies (ex. alarm system).
- Pet care (one cat and eventually a dog).
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property maintenance and organization.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Capacity to work long hours during peak season.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs to 50lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Must like cats and dogs.
- Must know how to swim.
- Smoke-free environment.
According to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.