Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Estate Manager
This key role fills a critical need in a dynamic and evolving family office for an affluent Canadian family. The Estate Manager will be based out of the Family’s corporate offices (based in the Greater Toronto Area), with regular travel to family’s portfolio of global properties. This role will oversee the properties via the individual household managers for each property location, who will report in to the Global Operations Director. The Estate Manager will also be responsible for oversight of the staffing and team building at each location.
The overall responsibilities of the Estate Manager include but not limited to:
- Management of travel (including vacations and private aircraft travel)
- Liaison with contractors and special advisors
- Monthly reporting and follow-up
- Project administration
Compliance and Maintenance:
- Responsible for ensuring exceptional household standards are met
- Appropriate record keeping must be maintained
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the portfolio of properties
- Work closely with the personal finance team based out of the family’s corporate office to ensure financial controls are maintained
- Review and approval of invoicing
- Management of the global budget for properties and household expenditures
- Ensuring all expenditures are properly authorized
- Responsible for the oversight of all events at any given property; including but not limited to delegation of household staff, scheduling, external vendors, etc.
- Hiring of household leadership staff and oversight on all household staffing needs and requirements
- Training, mentor, conflict resolution with staff
- Conduct annual review, payroll adjustments, etc.
- Key alignment partner with Human Resources
- 10+ years managing multiple residential households
- Experience having oversight to multiple properties, managing staff
- Keen sense of budgeting and financial oversight of multiple properties
- Educational background in field or equivalent experience
- Must have a knowledge of MS Office Suite and Windows OS
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details
- Have strong team work spirit, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada
Competitive salary, based on experience
Job Additional Information
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required)
- Work hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (flexibility required)
- Group insurance/benefits plan provided
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.