Executive Personal Assistant
Executive Personal Assistant
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Executive Personal Assistant
- Ensure that the employer’s calendar and contacts are accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- Maintain electronic and manual filing system that is organized and easy to follow.
- Be responsive to the varying needs of the employer.
- Be prepared to travel internationally and work outside normal business hours from time to time.
- Maintain efficient operation of the employer’s office.
- Manage inventory of office supplies and ensure office equipment is maintained and functioning.
- Manage household and business bookkeeping.
- Liaise with lawyer, accountant and clients.
- Establish and maintain address books and contact information, accurately and consistently.
- Assess technological needs to optimize the office operations.
- Type and prepare personal correspondence, emails, materials and reports, as required, in a professional and situation-appropriate manner.
- Receive and screen mail, email and phone calls, professionally and discreetly, so that the employer is kept apprised of important and relevant information.
- Ensure thank you cards, Christmas cards, and personal notes are prepared and sent when required.
Schedule & Meetings Management
- Proactively manage personal and professional calendars and remain flexible to multiple changes.
- Make travel arrangements.
Information and File Management
- Manage physical and electronic filing system at home office so that all files are organized and accessible.
- Maintain records of incoming and outgoing correspondence and materials ensuring that information that needs to be kept is filed or archived, and other information is shredded or recycled.
- Research and summarize research results on miscellaneous topics and maintain files related to such information.
- Coordinate services and maintain open communication with external service providers in the home office to ensure the needs of the employer are met.
- Coordinate the regular pick-up and delivery of personal goods and business materials.
- Research and acquire items of a personal nature as requested, such as ad hoc shopping and transportation.
- Occasional international travel.
Other duties as assigned from time to time
- It is not possible to identify all the duties and responsibilities required for this position. As with any such role, the main goal is to ensure the efficient coordination of the employer’s business and personal life. The Personal Executive
- Assistant will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities not specified above, as required and as the business necessitates, on an occasional or on-going basis.
- Minimum of five (5) years similar work experience.
- A university or college degree.
- Must be proficient in a PC environment and MS Office Suite.
- Must be internet savvy and be proficient in use of new technology (e.g. smartphones, tablets, etc.).
- Must be able to balance being a good communicator with being discreet. The ideal candidate is unflappable, calm and quietly competent with a positive energy.
- Must be logical and able to exercise good judgment when making decisions, knowing when to take initiative and when to ask for guidance.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
- Must have proven organizational ability and be able to create and maintain organizational systems.
- Must be trustworthy and be able to handle confidential and sensitive material in an appropriate manner.
- Must have proven ability to control, plan and follow-up on projects ensuring that all projects are completed in a timely manner, while being professional and respectful of all parties involved.
- Have the ability to work under minimal direction as well as working as a team.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills with a “do what it takes” attitude.
- Must be able to travel on short notice on an as needed basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have a valid passport if required to travel outside of Canada.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
$50,000 to $70,000 per year (according to experience)
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks’ vacation.
- no company insurance plan provided.
Job Starting Date
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514-312-7019 ext. 223 | Toll-Free: 1-888-601-7812
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.