Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Groom
- Managing all aspects of the residence’s operation and activity calendar.
- Answering the phone and knowing how to deal with callers with sensitivity.
- Answer the door, receive scheduled packages.
- Provide high quality services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to the principal, guests, staff and outside service providers.
- Supervise trades, vendors, and contractors.
- Care for six indoor dogs following strict guidelines for their daily activities: Walking (on leash), feeding, general care.
- A watchful eye over 5 horses of differing ages: Monitoring water troughs and filling when necessary.
- Providing hay and feed when directed.
- Able to put halters and lead ropes on horses on occasion.
- Able to deal with rare emergencies in a clam and effective manner.
- Occasional leading horses to pasture, initially under supervision.
- Occasional and light office assistance: Data entry, filing, tidying.
- Light daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the residence.
- Minimum of two (2) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with live stock, ideally horses and dogs.
- Must enjoy caring for dogs and horses.
- A calm, confident and quite demeanor with animals is essential.
- Basic but modern computer literacy for office administration.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a good driving record.
- Would need to have own car in good condition for commuting, no public transport available.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-free environment.
- Depending on experience
Job Additional Information
- Monday to Friday (occasional evenings and weekends depending on the success of the candidate).
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (potential flexibility).
- House-car available for work duties.
Job Starting Date
July 1st, 2017.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.