Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Couple
House Manager duties:
- Day to day running of a residence to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Provide high quality guest services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner.
- Identifying maintenance and repair projects.
- Light general handyman services and facilities (changing light bulbs, fixing squeaky doors, etc.).
- Scheduling and supervision of interior household installations, trades and vendors for interior seasonal projects.
- Calendar management, coordinate and assisting with day-to-day planning.
- Work according to the financial practices dictated by the employer’s office.
- Overall vehicle management.
- Supervision of PSW’s, maximizing the productivity of their working hours, working directly with the company representatives as needed, under the direction employer.
- Answering to emergencies.
- Assist with security responsibilities of the residence.
- Creating a household manual.
- General errand running.
Essential cooking duties;
- Creating fresh and healthy seasonal meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Knowledge of Sous Vide and modern cooking techniques are a plus (for weekend food preparation).
- The ability to provide ad hoc cooking for multiple family members on a regular basis, including children.
- A knowledge of vegan cooking is desirable.
- Organizing and managing kitchen inventories.
- Cleaning and keeping the cleanliness standards of the kitchen.
- Grocery shopping, knowledge of farm to table and organic products are preferred.
Other Service duties:
- Table and drink service, both formal and informal.
- Management of décor and floral arrangements.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Chauffeur duties for all required appointments.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Assistance in the organization and service during private and social events.
- Availability to travel to other residences as required (seasonal).
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of arts, antiques, silver, marble, etc.
- Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
- Washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics
- Making beds and ironing sheets.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Supervision of additional cleaning contractors.
- Plant care and maintenance (green fingers preferred).
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience in a private household (or private service).
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of a large private residence.
- Must be tech savvy (familiar with the use of smartphones, Smart Home systems, etc.).
- Applicants must be service oriented and self-starters.
- Excellent food and beverage service skills for service.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and function effectively in a team environment.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Able to work under minimal direction, be self-starter with an emphasis on client service.
- Excellent food and beverage service skills for service and events.
- Must have good cooking skills.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Always be professional, polished, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a valid license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good working condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like pets.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live in.
- Work days: Monday to Friday.
- Work hours: Flexibility required.
- Not accessible by public transport.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.