Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager
This established Canadian Family is seeking a Household Manager to oversee the daily activities of their Toronto residence. This role is to care for the property and provide assistance to this established older Toronto family. Candidates should be experienced and comfortable working collaboratively in a formal fully-staffed home, and must be adaptable and flexible to meet the changing needs of the family.
The Household manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing the general operations of the family’s Toronto based properties. Provides “hands on” support and works in liaison with the Personal and Corporate Offices, the Group Controller and other House Managers globally to ensure exceptional and consistent standards are administered and maintained.
- Managing the household’s schedules and calendars
- Event planning, organizing, and coordination
- Arranging appointments for personal and professional needs
- Scheduling home maintenance, repair, renovation work, and supervising the project
- Reviewing and approving household bills and administrative duties
- Running errands and performing necessary tasks
- Implement schedules for all maintenance, renovations, etc.
- Responsible for budget preparation, monitoring, and management commentary in household financial reporting
- Working with Group Controller to ensure appropriate financial controls are in place with respect to the property and staff
- Supervision of household staff, including housekeepers, private chefs, and drivers, etc.
- Responsibility for hiring, training, and ongoing management of staff, which is required to meet the exceptional household standards
- 10+ years managing a residential household
- Experience supporting an older family
- Have an excellent understanding of the English language
- Educational background in field or equivalent experience
- Must have a knowledge of MS Office Suite and Windows OS
- Must be adaptable to the standards and desires of the family
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes
- Must practice proper social etiquette
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details
- Have strong team work spirit, diplomacy and tact
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on projects
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada
Competitive salary, based on experience
Job Additional Information
- House-car available for work duties
- Group insurance/benefits plan provided
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.