Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager
- Day to day running of a large residence to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Identifying maintenance and repair projects.
- Light general handyman services and facilities (including mechanical room management, electric systems, pool system, light repairs, etc).
- Scheduling and supervision of household installations, trades and vendors for interior & exterior and seasonal projects.
- Management of the SmartHome system and Wi-Fi.
- Management of a modern fine wine cellar including record management and inventories.
- Calendar management.
- Management of décor and floral arrangements.
- Managing and monitoring household inventories and a budget.
- Creating and transmitting of a weekly activity log.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Supervision of household staff and also working alongside as needed.
- Answering to emergencies.
- Assist with security responsibilities of the residence, including monitoring of electronic security systems and follow up of any alarms that may arise while on duty.
- Occasional organization of social events.
- General errand running.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of ten (10) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property maintenance.
- Physically able to handle general property maintenance work.
- Good English, communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the use of a Smartphone.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Have a strong sense of initiative.
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on projects.
- Have strong team work spirit, diplomacy and tact.
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer and to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professional, polished, discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
$90,000 per year.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (flexibility required).
- House-car available for work duties.
- Company insurance/benefits not provided.
Job Starting Date
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416-907-9618 ext. 223 | Toll-Free: 1-888-601-7812
* The location shown on the map is approximate to respect our client’s privacy.