Job Responsibilities of the House Manager-Chef
House Management Duties:
- Provide high quality guest services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to staff, guests and outside service providers.
- Scheduling and supervision of household installations, trades and vendors for interior & exterior and seasonal projects, including quotes analysis, negotiation and documents filing.
- Seasonal preparation of the residence (i.e. storing outdoor furniture, wrapping shrubs, etc.)
- Identify maintenance needs and repair projects.
- Vehicles and machinery management and maintenance.
- Calendar management, coordinate and assisting with event planning.
- Managing and monitoring household inventories and a budget.
- Supervision of household staff and working alongside as needed.
- Answering to emergencies.
- Assist with security responsibilities of the residence, including monitoring of electronic security systems and follow up of any alarms that may arise while on duty.
- Travel to the different properties (domestic and international) a few times a year for up to two (2) consecutive weeks at a time.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping, dry cleaning, office drop-off/pick-up, etc.
- Creating and preparing fresh seasonal meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Take in consideration food and wine pairing.
- Creating menus.
- Table dressing and table service
- Organizing and managing kitchen inventories.
- Performing grocery shopping.
- Handling special requests as needed.
- Sous Vide prep for other staff members to execute.
- Strong cooking background.
- Must have a formal training in cuisine.
- Ability to cook cuisine from around the world and providing variety.
- Hygiene and Food safety certified.
- Full-time work experience with a family or an individual is an asset.
- Ability to handle large scale special events.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Flexible hours and scheduling with availability to work evenings and weekends according to the household needs.
- Must have a passion for cooking, be proactive and know to anticipate.
- Ability to adapting to the family’s tastes and preferences.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Be discreet, able to pay attention to details and have a good presentation.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Must have a clean driving record and a car.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- Schedule: Four (4) days/week – 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (not necessarily consecutive).
- Vacation: 2 weeks.
- Some benefits provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.