Westmount, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager
- Day to day hands-on running of a private residence in Westmount.
- Scheduling and supervision of household installations, trades and vendors for interior & exterior and seasonal projects, including quotes analysis, negotiation and documents filing.
- Handyman services, including HVAC maintenance, basic electrical work, mechanical room management, Wi-Fi, pool maintenance, etc.
- Installing/uninstalling seasonal decorations (i.e. Halloween, Christmas, etc.)
- Assisting housekeeping team with chandelier cleaning, dusting, furniture moving, etc.
- Organizing and washing garage.
- Outdoor maintenance (i.e. flowers, lawn mowing, cleaning, moving furniture, sprinklers, snow removal, etc.)
- Winterizing of the residence (i.e. storing outdoor furniture, wrapping shrubs, etc.)
- Managing and monitoring household inventories.
- Occasional Chauffeur duties.
- Overall vehicles management, including storing, mechanical inspections and maintenance, fueling, washing, etc.
- Answering to emergencies.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping, office drop-off/pick-up, etc.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property maintenance.
- Physically able to handle general property maintenance work.
- Good English or French communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Able to create and maintain a document filing system.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the household’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Have a strong sense of initiative.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on projects.
- Have the ability to work under minimal direction as well as working as a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details.
- Professional, discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
$50,000 to $60,000 per year.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks vacation.
- Work days: Monday to Friday.
- Work hours: Flexible.
- House-car available.
- Accessible by public transportation.
- No company insurance/benefits.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514-312-7019 ext. 223 | Toll-Free: 1-888-601-7812
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.