Blainville, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces.
- Keep the children playing space clean and tidy.
- Washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and ironing sheets.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Flower arrangements and plants management.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Assisting in the kitchen (cutting vegetables, warming up food, etc.).
- Dishes, pots and pans cleaning.
- Trash and Recycling management.
- Overall childcare (activities, feeding, bathing, dressing, diaper changing, put to bed, activities, etc.)
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Travelling to worldwide locations with the family for up to 30 days at a time.
- Possible light administrative duties (ex. agenda management)
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Be professional, polished, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- First aid certification is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Must like cats.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live-in or Live-out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (flexibility required).
- No company benefit plan provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514-312-7019 ext. 223 | Toll-Free: 1-888-601-7812
* For privacy reason, the location shown on the map is not accurate.
* This job description may change without notice.