Housekeeper – Part-Time
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper – Part-Time
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of a penthouse.
- Care of furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of art, marble and other surfaces (Training can be provided).
- Some washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and ironing sheets.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Occasional packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Anticipate food requirements for the week ahead and prep/cook accordingly for reheating by the family.
- Pantry and fridge management.
- Trash and Recycling management.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping, document delivery.
- Appointment booking.
- Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as occasionally answering the phone.
- Supervise vendors and contractors in consideration of the onsite family office
- Assistance with private and social events.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
- The successful candidate will understand that the onsite family office is a priority and daily work will need to be structured so as not to disturb.
- A keen attention to detail, specially dust and cleanliness.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative, confident and be self-reliant.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have a clean driver’s license.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Job Additional Information
- Work days: Sunday and Monday.
- Work hours: generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (flexibility preferred).
- Accessible by public transportation.
- No company benefit plan provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416-907-9618 ext. 223 | Toll-Free: 1-888-601-7812
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.