Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of arts, antiques, silver, marble, etc.
- Washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and ironing sheets.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Assisting in the kitchen (cutting vegetables, warming up food, etc.).
- Snacks and light meals preparation.
- Dishes, pots and pans cleaning.
- Trash and Recycling management.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping and dry cleaning.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Provide high quality services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to the principal, guests, staff and outside service providers.
- Perform table setting and table service during events.
- Help with private and social events.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Must love pets and contribute to their care.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Have the ability to work under minimal direction with an emphasis on client service as well as working as a team.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Smoke-Free environment.
$50,000 to $60,000 per year.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live-in or Live-out.
- Work days: 5 days a week.
- Group benefit plan provided.
- House-car available for work duties.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416-907-9618 ext. 224 | Toll-Free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.