Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Private Housekeeper
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of arts, antiques, silver, marble, etc.
- Washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and ironing sheets
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Unpacking and transport of suitcases
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Food preparation, pantry and fridge management.
- Assisting in the kitchen (cutting vegetables, warming up food, etc.).
- Dishes, pots and pans cleaning.
- Trash and Recycling management.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors.
- Provide high quality services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to the principal, guests, staff and outside service providers.
- Supervise trades, vendors, and contractors.
- Help with private and social events.
- Occasional travel to additional properties, located 2.5 to 3 hours by car from Toronto, 4 to 6 times a year.
- Pet care for a small, non-shedding dog (11 lbs), Italian Greyhound puppy. Ideal candidate would be open to staying in the home occasionally (4-5 times per year) with their small dog when the family is on holiday.).
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs to 50lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children, two daughters, ages 16 and 18, one of whom will be at university September-May
- Must like dogs.
According to experience, competitive
Job Additional Information
- Work days: 8 AM- 4 PM Tuesday-Saturday with flexibility to shift schedule to Monday-Friday approx 25 weeks of the year with two weeks notice.
- House-car available for work duties.
- Accessible by public transportation
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 604.210.4575 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The location shown on the map is approximate.
* This job description may change without notice.