Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of a large residence and estate cottage.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of arts, antiques, silver, marble, wood and other delicate items.
- Washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and ironing sheets.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Assistance with private and social events.
- Assistance with the care of three (3) dogs, large and small.
- Occasional food service and assistance with dining set-up.
- Occasional food prep under supervision.
- General errand running.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning.
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, marble, fine art, etc.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Should be able to lift 50lbs.
- Should be comfortable climbing a ladder.
- Valid driver’s license and a car in good condition is required.
- The ability to drive on rural roads and adverse weather conditions.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Competitive. Depending on Experience.
Job Additional Information
- Work days: Five (5) days a week (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (flexibility required, especially during school semesters).
- Company insurance/benefits plan provided.
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation.
- Location: 30 minutes West of Calgary.
Job Starting Date
A soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.