Housekeeper – Live-in
Housekeeper – Live-in
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper – Live-in
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of arts, antiques, silver, marble, etc.
- Light washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Occasional packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Light meals planning, preparation and cooking.
- Cleaning, organizing, and keeping the cleanliness standards of overall the kitchen and storage places.
- Dishes, pots and pans cleaning.
- Trash and Recycling management.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping and dry cleaning.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Supervise trades, vendors, and contractors.
- Provide assistance with private and social events.
- Pet care (walking and various appointments such as vet and grooming).
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing is an asset.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like dogs.
- Smoke-Free environment.
According to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live-in (full board)
- House-car available for work duties.
- Company benefit plan provided.
- Training provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-Free: 1.866.201-8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.