Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper/Personal Assistant
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- Managing all aspects of the residence’s operation and activity calendar.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of arts, antiques, silver, marble, etc.
- Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
- Washing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and ironing sheets.
- Closet organization, under strict direction, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Meals planning and preparation for the whole family, often eating separately.
- Snacks and light meals preparation.
- Dishes, pots and pans cleaning.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Remove snow from the front door steps and access to the garage.
- Daily/frequent chauffeur duties.
- Planning and participating in activities with the children.
- Driving the children, as needed.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors.
- Provide high quality services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to the principal, guests, staff and outside service providers.
- Supervise trades, vendors, and contractors.
- Booking restaurants, hotels, etc. and helping plan family vacations, etc.
- Help with private and social events.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping and dry cleaning.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Capacity to work long hours during peak season.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs to 50lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Must like dogs.
- Smoke-free environment.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: Varied must be flexible and work according to the family’s busy schedule, some long days, others shorter.
- Car provided for work duties, commuting and personal use within reason.
- Group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.