Red Deer, AB, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Houseman
- Day to day running of 2 properties to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Provide high quality guest services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to the employer, guests and outside service providers.
- Handyman services, including HVAC maintenance, basic electrical work, mechanical room management, Wi-Fi, assisting with a swimming pool construction project and its future
- maintenance, etc.
- Outdoor maintenance (i.e. flowers, lawn mowing, cleaning, moving furniture, sprinklers, snow removal, etc.)
- Winterizing of the residence (i.e. storing outdoor furniture, wrapping shrubs, etc.)
- Scheduling and supervision of household installations, trades and vendors for interior & exterior and seasonal projects, including quotes analysis, negotiation and documents filing.
- Installing/uninstalling seasonal decorations (i.e. Halloween, Christmas, etc.)
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of arts, etc.
- Washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and ironing sheets.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Occasional meal planning, preparation and cooking.
- Trash and Recycling management.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Assistance in the organization and service during private and social events.
- Chauffeur duties.
- Overall vehicles management, including storing, mechanical inspections and maintenance, fuelling, washing, etc.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping, dry cleaning, drop-off/pick-up, etc.
- Care of two large dogs
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of one (1) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property maintenance.
- Physically able to handle general property maintenance work.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Have a strong sense of initiative.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on projects.
- Have the ability to work under minimal direction as well as working as a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer and to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professional, polished, discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like pets.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Job Additional Information
- Work days: 5 days a week (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (flexibility required).
- House-car available for work duties.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.