Westmount, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Houseman
- Prepare and cook simple healthy and seasonal meals (dinner).
- Set the table and perform casual table service.
- Creating menus.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping and dry cleaning pickup, etc.
- Chauffeur duties to/from school, activities, appointments and other destinations.
- Ensure that the car is properly fuelled.
- Ensure that the car is always clean and mechanically sound.
- Bring the car to mechanic maintenance and car wash as required.
- Responsible for performing pre-departure vehicle checks and visual inspections.
- General handyman – house maintenance and small repairs.
- Performing miscellaneous tasks around the house.
- Managing and working in collaboration with the other members of the household staff.
- Help during occasional social events at the residence.
- Working in collaboration with the other members of the household staff.
- Pet care (walking and various appointments such as vet and grooming).
- Manage other miscellaneous requests, as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Must have good culinary skills and a passion for cooking.
- Formal training in cuisine is an asset.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Full-time work experience with a family or an individual is an asset.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters
- Thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Be professional, polished, and discreet.
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs).
- Have a valid driver’s licence and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like teenagers.
- Must like dogs.
- Smoke-Free environment.
$50,000 to $60,000 per year.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work hours: Monday to Friday (occasional weekends).
- Monday to Friday: Noon to 8:00 pm (flexibility required).
- Car provided to perform duties.
- No group benefit plan provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.