Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Personal Assistant
A busy executive seeks a personal assistant to provide administrative/bookkeeping support for day to day to ensure the efficient functioning of the household affairs. Working in close collaboration with the employer, general tasks can include maintaining contacts and calendar, arranging and scheduling meetings, maintaining files, preparing correspondence, coordinating activities and events, account reconciliation, personal errands and any other tasks required to allow for the smooth and efficient organization of the household and personal business activities.
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality of the employer’s business and personal affairs.
- Ensure that the employer’s calendar and contacts are accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- Maintain electronic and manual filing system that is organized and easy to follow.
- Be responsive to the varying needs of the employer.
- Be prepared to travel internationally and work outside normal business hours from time to time.
- Maintain efficient operation of the employer’s home office.
- Manage household and business bookkeeping.
- Manage all charity and business accounting, generating invoices, accounts receivables and payables
- Liaise with lawyer, accountant and clients.
- Establish and maintain address books and contact information, accurately and consistently.
- Type, prepare and send personal correspondence, emails, materials and reports, as required, in a professional and situation-appropriate manner including thank you cards, Christmas cards and personal notes.
- Receive and screen mail, email and phone calls, professionally and discreetly, so that the employer is kept apprised of important and relevant information.
Schedule & Meetings Management
- Manage calendar by scheduling business and personal appointments, ensuring that the employer has the most up-to-date information on his schedule.
- Make travel, hotel, restaurant, etc. arrangements for the employer and family members.
- Arrange details of business meetings including corresponding with participants, arranging logistics, coordinating travels, preparing the venue, etc.
- Interfacing with professional contacts such as vendors and contractors.
- Prepare, organize and coordinate business and personal functions such as social events, family gatherings, etc
- Information and File Management
- Manage physical and electronic filing system at home office so that all files are organized and accessible.
- Maintain records of incoming and outgoing correspondence and materials ensuring that information that needs to be kept is filed or archived, and other information is shredded or recycled.
- Coordinate services and maintain open communication with external service providers in the home office to ensure the needs of the employer are met.
- Coordinate the regular pick-up and delivery of personal goods and business materials.
- Research and acquire items of a personal nature as requested, such as ad hoc shopping and transportation.
Personal and online shopping.
- Supervision of various on-going projects, including oversight of construction/renovation sites.
- Be responsive to the varying needs of the employer and his family.
- Ensure that the employer’s calendar is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- Ordering lunches/arranging food as directed.
- Three to five years of similar work experience.
- A university or college degree is an asset.
- Strong basic accounting skills
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Must have an exceptional organizational skills and attention to details.
- Proficient on PC or MAC operating system and with MS Office Suite.
- Must be tech savvy.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Confident, intelligent, and dedicated individual who is focused on making improvements and finding new solutions.
- Alert, curious, responsive and resourceful.
- Personable, energetic, and fun to work with.
- Proactive – you take the initiative to ask, learn, and make things happen.
- Ability to handle multiple requests, prioritize, and respond quickly and efficiently.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have a driver’s licence with a good driving record.
- Have a car is an asset.
- Must like children and be pet friendly.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
* The pin shown on the map represent the area of the job location.