Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Private Chauffeur
Busy executive is seeking an individual to be their driver. We are looking for a polished, dedicated and loyal individual who is willing to be flexible and adaptable to the executives’ ever-changing needs. No two days will be the same.
While driving will be a primary function the individual will also be responsible for various household tasks including errand runs, vehicle maintenance and property maintenance.
The ideal candidate is someone who is available to drive in the GTA all week days and evenings as well as have some flexibility to work weekends (90% of driving will be Monday through Friday). The client has a property outside of the city and at times the candidate will be required to drive there for deliveries and events.
- Regular driving duties for the executive’s daily activities and appointments as directed by the assistant and executive.
- Responsible for driving the executive in a safe, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Maintain and document travel logs, track expense accounts, etc.
- Responsible for performing pre-departure vehicle checks and visual inspections.
- Vehicle management of executive and executive’s family vehicles (licensing/certification, servicing, washing, waxing, vacuuming, fuel, seasonal tire changes, stocked with necessities such as bottled water, gum and paper and pen, etc.).
- When not driving, this position will also perform various household duties, including but not limited to:
- Picking up parcels;
- Mail runs;
- Cheque runs;
- Greeting and overseeing outside vendors;
- Performing handyman chores;
- Overseeing outside landscaping service;
- Receiving and delivering packages;
- Helping with heavy lifting – luggage, furniture
- Must have three (3) years executive/corporate/personal driving experience.
- Possess basic defensive and evasive driving skills.
- Route planning.
- Experience in security is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Be current in knowledge of all practices, rules and regulations pertaining to the safety and security of passengers while riding in an automobile, of the Highway Traffic Act and any other related legislation.
- Must be able to impart a sense of confidence to passengers and must minimize exposure to risk at all times
- Applicants must have excellent knowledge of Toronto & the GTA (ability to navigate the streets and various routes depending on traffic or construction).
- Applicants should be familiar with how airport drop-offs/pick-ups are handled at private
- airports, Pearson International and Billy Bishop.
- Professional communication skills. Email/text/phone.
- Candidate is flexible and eager to please with a great attitude.
- Capable of doing Internet research.
- Resourceful and respectful.
- Applicants should be energetic with a strong work ethic.
- Must possess resourcefulness to appropriately address and troubleshoot unexpected tasks/emergencies.
- Must possess leadership qualities, as well as the ability to take a back seat, taking direction from the employer and the assistant.
- Must be meticulous and exhibit an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Applicants should be tech savvy and familiar with apps such as Waze, Google Maps.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate long hours, some irregular shifts and some weekends.
- Must be punctual, organized, extremely flexible and possess ability to multi-task.
- Physically strong: some bending & stooping, lifting boxes & moving furniture.
- Some construction or handyman skills is an asset.
- Applicants should have a neat and polished appearance.
- CPR and AED training is an asset.
- Must be able to pass a full security background check.
Job Additional Information
- Salary will be based on experience.
- Vacation/sick days/other benefits provided.
- Vehicle will be provided.
- Work week: typical week is Monday – Friday, 7:00 am-7:00 pm.
- Hours will vary with certain downtime. You will be responsible for managing your time and completing required tasks by due date.
- Flexibility to work weekends as needed, must be on-call and flexible. Executive gives notice when possible.
- ONLY LOCAL candidates will be considered.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.