Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Private Chef
- Create fresh seasonal meals according to the family and entertaining schedule.
- Create and present menus for approval.
- Prepare staff meals.
- Consult with principals regarding food and wine pairing.
- Performing grocery shopping for all entertaining, a knowledge of all the best local vendors is important.
- Table dressing and table service.
- Organizing and managing kitchen inventories.
- Run errands.
- Cleaning, organizing and keeping the cleanliness standards of the kitchen, pantries, cupboards, refrigerator, etc.
- The ability to follow menu direction from the hosts on all events from small family meals to larger dinners or events held at the residence.
- Planning and preparing staff meals.
- Handling special requests as needed.
- Strong cooking background.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in a private residence or yacht.
- Must have a formal training in classical french cuisine and move smoothly to maximize multitasking.
- Hygiene and Food safety certified.
- Skilled in high end presentation.
- Wine knowledge.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Flexible hours and scheduling with availability to work evenings and weekends according to the household needs.
- Must have a passion for cooking, be proactive and know to anticipate.
- Have the ability to adapting to the family’s tastes and preferences.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Be discreet, able to pay attention to details and have a good presentation.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Be professional and polished.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Poised and professional at all times, even under pressure.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence with a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
$70,000 to $75,000 per year.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Tuesday to Saturday.
- Work hours: 40 hours per week.
- House-car available for work duties.
- No company insurance/benefits provided.
Job Starting Date
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416-907-9618 ext. 223 | Toll-Free: 1-888-601-7812
* The location shown on the map is approximate to respect our client’s privacy.