Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Private Chef
We are looking for a professional Chef that will work to assist a private family until September 6/7th 2017 at their private residence in Muskoka
- Prepare fresh, seasonal, health conscious meals (lunch and dinner) for family and their guests.
- Mediterranean spa style cuisine.
- Ensure Breakfast food is ready and available for the morning, though there is no requirement for the chef to be present for breakfast.
- Formal events and family style.
- Table service for small dinners.
- Propose menus for approval.
- Preparing occasional buffets for summer entertaining.
- Organizing and managing kitchen inventories.
- Perform regular grocery shopping.
- Clean, organize and strive to obtain immaculate standards of the kitchen and storage places.
- Strong cooking background.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience. Experience in a restaurant, yacht or private residence is preferred.
- Must have a formal training in cuisine
- Hygiene and food safety certified.
- Understand formal presentation
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Confidentiality and discretion is a contractual requirement.
- Flexible hours and scheduling with availability to work evenings and weekends according to the household needs.
- Must have a passion for cooking, be proactive and know how to anticipate.
- Adapt to the family’s tastes and preferences under supervision.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Maintain a professional and polished manner.
- The ability to work independently on occasion while following guidance is essential.
- Ability to build a good rapport with the employer and the staff.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence with a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
350$ per day.
Job Additional Information
- Live-in at the Muskoka’s residence, Private bedroom, shared bathroom and living room provided.
- House-car available for work duties.
- Immediate start to September 6/7th 2017.
- Working Days according to the family schedule, two consecutive days off per week.
Job Starting Date
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 604.210.4575 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.