Private Sous Chef
Private Sous Chef
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Private Sous Chef
Working alongside the Executive Chef, the professionally trained Sous Chef will contribute their strong culinary skills toward the overall running of the kitchen, meal planning and preparation, and assisting with events at a private residence. The position requires an individual who understands and can accommodate the strict meal preferences and procedures in place, and who is eager to learn and follow direction from the Executive Chef. The primary residence is located in Toronto, however regular international travel will be required to the other residences in the U.K. and U.S.A. The candidate must be available to travel on short notice to all residences when required. This is a live-out position, however accommodations will be provided while travelling outside of Toronto
- Under the guidance of the Executive Chef assisting with:
- The planning and preparation of high quality, health conscious and nutritious daily meals (including Breakfast, Lunch, Teatime and Dinner) for principals and guests.
- Provisioning, with a preference for seasonal and local ingredients.
- Preparation (precise knife speed / filleting a fish, boning meat, etc.)
- daily management of the kitchen, pantry stocks and inventories.
- Event planning for small intimate settings to larger formal full service occasions.
- Manage dish washing and overall cleanliness of the kitchen areas at all times.
- Ensure general maintenance of kitchen equipment and service as required.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with the household staff.
- Minimum 2 years of culinary experience.
- Understanding various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures (such as sous vide).
- Accuracy and speed in food preparation is extremely important with precise attention to detail. The ability to think ahead on preparation and tasks.
- Confident in pastries and baking
- Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality and respect privacy at all times.
- Pleasant, positive and composed demeanor with strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Polished and professional appearance at all times.
- Proficient in English, with excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player with strong time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Creative professional with exemplary attention to detail and desire to meet protocols and high standards of principal residents.
- Adaptable and able to respond to the needs of principal residents, including having a flexible schedule and working overtime as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and travel abroad without restriction (including having a valid passport).
Dependent on experience.
Job Additional Information
- House-car available for work duties.
- Group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.