Sous-Chef – Summer
Sous-Chef – Summer
Muskoka & Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Sous-Chef – Summer
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef that will work to assist a private family’s Executive Chef for 10 weeks (June 26th to September 11th 2017) at one private residence with the possibility of travel to a second residence if needed.
- Assist the executive chef, and prepare fresh seasonal meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the family and their guests.
- Assist and prepare elaborate dinners for events with the executive chef.
- Assist with menus alongside the executive chef.
- Preparing buffets for summer entertaining.
- Organizing and managing kitchen inventories for the executive chef.
- Performing regular (often daily) grocery shopping.
- Clean, organize and strive to obtain immaculate standards of the kitchen and storage places.
- Travel between Toronto and the Muskoka area twice a week. Occasional travel when and if necessary with the direction of the head chef.
- Handle special requests as needed.
- The position works under the supervision of the executive chef, the ability for follow direction is a requirement.
- Strong cooking background.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience. Experience in a restaurant, yacht or private residence is preferred.
- Must have a formal training in cuisine (Classic French preferred)
- Hygiene and food safety certified.
- Understand formal presentation
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written). French a bonus.
- Confidentiality and discretion is a contractual requirement.
- Flexible hours and scheduling with availability to work evenings and weekends according to the household needs.
- Must have a passion for cooking, be proactive and know how to anticipate.
- Adapt to the family’s tastes and preferences under supervision
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Maintain a professional and polished manner.
- The ability to work independently on occasion while following guidance is essential.
- Ability to build a good rapport with the employer and the staff.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence with a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Job Additional Information
- Live-in option at the Toronto’s residence.
- Live-in at the Muskoka’s residence.
- House-car available for work duties.
- June 26th to September 11th 2017
Job Starting Date
June 26th, 2017
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514-312-7019 ext. 223 | Toll-Free: 1-888-601-7812
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.