West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Butler
Seeking a mature full time Butler for a contemporary executive residence located in West Vancouver, British Columbia. The position requires the execution of day to day routines tasks for the family and the overall upkeep of the residence.
- To manage the day to day organization of the residence to maintain standards and efficiency.
- To care for all principals and guests clothing.
- Make beds, manage the wardrobe, pack and unpack suitcases.
- To care for all fine china, silver, crystal.
- To care for and inventory of artwork and antiques.
- To receive – send packages and manage household mail.
- To answer telephones, greet guests and visitors.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages.
- Perform Chauffeur duties as required.
- To manage vehicle cleaning, fuelling and maintenance as required.
- To prepare meals, cook, clean and do laundry if required.
- To run errands and shopping for household goods, food, laundry and amenities.
- To schedule and supervise the installations or alterations with trades and vendors.
- Work on the grounds to perform miscellaneous tasks (i.e. pool cleaning, pressure washing, shovelling snow, etc.).
- To maintain household property manuals, calendar management and service of AV, security, mechanical systems and landscape including pools and equipment.
- To liaison with family office and other professionals.
- To directly be responsible or assist with event planning for social and or corporate style events.
- To work with existing staff and/or contractors for scheduling of day to day or special & seasonal projects.
- It is not possible to identify all the duties and responsibilities required for this position. As with any such role, the main goal is to ensure the efficient coordination of the employer’s personal life. The Butler will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities not specified above, as required and as the household lifestyle necessitates, on an occasional or on-going basis.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in a similar role.
- Must have English as a native language.
- Must be tech savvy and experienced with residential AV, Smart Home, security & mechanical systems.
- Must have a driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have First Aid certificate
- Must have excellent time management, punctuality, multi-tasking and attention to detail with follow through from start to finish along with strong organizational & communication skills.
- Must have a background in wine and spirits and bar tending.
- Must be a polished professional who is flexible with their time and schedules.
- Must have a sense and respect of boundaries and exercise discretion and maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs).
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Must have a vehicle in good condition or willing to acquire one.
Job Additional Information
- Live-in or Live-out.
- Work days: Tuesday to Saturday.
- Schedule: Shift work.
- No group benefit plan provided.
- House-car available for work duties.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.