Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Domestic-House Couple
- Performing general house cleaning duties such as; vacuuming, dusting, mopping the floors, etc.
- Maintaining care of all household inventory of fine china, crystal, artwork & other special collections.
- Daily tidying of the house and putting items away.
- Cleaning and organisation of outdoor areas and furniture.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Managing the laundry including; washing of clothes, linens & towels, ironing, folding clothing and placing in closets and washing (handwashing) delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
- Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
- Organize and manage inventories and storage locations.
- Flower arranging, watering and care of indoor plants.
- Meals planning, preparation and cooking.
- Day to day running of the property to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Identifying maintenance and repair projects.
- General handyman services and facilities (including HVAC, Wi-Fi, boilers systems, A/V, Smarthome, security system, indoor swimming pool, irrigation, etc).
- Scheduling and supervision of household installations, trades and vendors for interior & exterior and seasonal projects.
- Gardening, lawn mowing, snow removal and small repairs.
- Cleaning and organisation of the garage.
- Security surveillance of the property.
- Overall vehicle management and daily chauffeur duties.
- Keeping of a weekly activity log.
- Table setting.
- Occasional assistance with private events.
Grocery shopping, & other errands.
It is not possible to identify all the duties and responsibilities required for this position. As with any such role, the main goal is to ensure the efficient coordination of the employer’s household. The House Couple will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities not specified above, as required and as the employer’s lifestyle necessitates, on an occasional or ongoing basis.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
- Must be fairly tech savvy (familiar with the use of smartphones, Smart Home automation systems, etc.).
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Always keep a professional demeanor.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30 lbs to 50 lbs).
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must like children.
- Smoke-free environment.
$100,000 per year
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live in OR live out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- House / car available for work duties.
- No group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.