Montréal, Québec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the English Nanny
CHILDREN RELATED DUTIES
- Provide all aspects of childcare for an infant and pursue the child care through its growth.
- Create and maintain a healthy, safe and nurturing environment for the child.
- Coordinating the entire day until bed time.
- Manage child appointments: doctor, trips, etc.
- Taking the child to and from appointments and activities.
- Bathing and assistance with dressing.
- Walking with the child daily, stimulate/promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Providing developmentally appropriate educational games.
- Organizing children play dates.
- Organizing and participating to various leisure activities at home and outdoor.
- Reinforcing appropriate discipline for the children.
COOKING RELATED DUTIES
- Planning and preparation of purees.
- Feed the child.
- Cleaning the kitchen and dinning areas.
HOUSEHOLD RELATED DUTIES
- Keeping the house organized (organizing kitchen cabinets, fridge, dry storage, children’s office, etc.).
- As needed, assist the cleaning lady.
- Act as point of contact for home suppliers and contractor as needed.
- Laundry and ironing.
- Cleaning of the children’s environment.
- Occasional overnight stays.
- Travelling with the family in different countries for various lenght of time.
- Handling general requests, as needed.
- Minimum three (3) years similar experience.
- Excellent French communication skills is mandatory (write and read), and functional verbal English.
- Ability to enforce orders and maintain discipline.
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Have a keen sense of initiative.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the children.
- Always keep a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
- Respect and protect the right to privacy of the household by keeping all information confidential.
- Must know how to swim.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- First aid training and child and infant CPR certification.
- Smoke-free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- Live out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm (flexibility required).
- House car available for work duties.
- Accessible by public transportation.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.