Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Estate Manager
- Day to day management of one main residence properties and supervision of secondary properties (Tremblant, Magog, Florida).
- Making sure all the residence’s equipment are functioning normally, including the Wi-Fi, lighting, A/C, heating, A/V, Smart Home, etc.
- Identify maintenance needs and repair projects.
- Scheduling and supervising of household installations, trades and vendors for both the interior & exterior as well as seasonal projects including quotes
- analysis, negotiation and documents filing.
- Keep constant communication with the other property managers/staff and the employer’s office.
- Supervision of the vehicle management; Cars, boats, machinery and other vehicle management and maintenance, including storage, inspections, fuelling,
- washing vehicles and garages, boat houses etc.
- Assisting with security responsibilities of the residence.
- Answering to emergencies.
- Travel at the properties when necessary.
- Coordinate and assisting with event planning.
- Team Supervision / Management
- Manage & direct household staff and work alongside as needed.
- Management, coordination, recruitment & development of current & new staff members.
- Employees’ timesheet management.
- Managing and monitoring all household inventories.
- Cost control and management.
- Writing, management and implementation of a house manual.
- It is not possible to identify all the duties and responsibilities required for this position. As with any such role, the main goal is to ensure the efficient coordination of the employer’s business and personal life. The Estate Manager will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities not specified above, as required and as the business necessitates, on an occasional or ongoing basis.
- Minimum of five (5) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property maintenance.
- Good English and French communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the use of PC operating system (OS).
- Must have a basic understanding of iPhone and iPad and be a quick study.
- Must be tech savvy (familiar with the use of smartphones, tablets, Smart Home automation systems, etc.).
- Able to create and maintain a document filing system.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Have a strong sense of initiative.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on projects.
- Ability to work under minimal direction as well as working as a team.
- Have strong team work spirit, diplomacy and tact.
- Always keep a professional demeanor, be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Job Additional Information
- Live out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (flexibility required).
- Group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.