Guest Service Supervisor
Guest Service Supervisor
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Guest Service Supervisor
We are looking for an experienced hospitality leader to manage our Guest Services team at the luxurious summer residence of a prominent family. Reporting to the Island Manager, the Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing housekeeping and catering services and the day-to-day hospitality activities. This is a hands-on role that requires excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to motivate a team under pressure and a focus on detail and presentation. This is an opportunity to work with a great team on a beautiful property and achieve a high level of service excellence. Depending on your skills, abilities and qualifications, you can also contribute to general maintenance duties and boat driving services. This role offers live-in accommodations with subsidized meals. The Guest Services Supervisor will start in April to help with preparations for the season.
- Working with the Island Manager to promote a high level of housekeeping and food service standards.
- Opening (April) and closing (End of September) all structures (i.e. main house; cookhouse; dining tent and kitchen; three-bedroom structures; and bunkie) of the island property.
- Hire temporary seasonal service staff as needed.
- Create staff schedules, cleaning routines and schedules, and training plan for all housekeeping & table service duties.
- Working with senior guest service attendants to address issues and service gaps.
- Manage inventories of all linens, crockery, cookware, and furniture.
- Ensure all housekeeping services are at the required standard (e.g. laundry; ironing; cleaning; morning guest room service; evening guest room service; and, daily property checks).
- Manage catering service, working with the Chefs and front of house team to create a seamless and timely service for all guests and meals.
- Conduct frequent inspections of all properties.
- Operate and safeguard a petty cash system and approve all legitimate staff expenses within established limits of authority.
- Liaise with the residential team to manage all clothing inventories.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of special events and weekend hospitality
- Assist guest services staff by providing hands-on support as need to ensure operations run smoothly all season.
- Conduct summer staff orientation and performance reviews.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the working order of electronic systems, audio & AV, iPod docks, speakers/sound system and WIFI throughout the residence.
- Assist with local grocery shopping and flower arranging.
- Greet guests and visitors.
- Liaise and coordinate with the boat drivers and Seaplane pilots for guest arrivals.
- Ensure staff accommodations are kept clean, tidy and in order.
- Experience managing and motivating a team is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospitality and service, within a private home or hotel.
- Computer/technical literacy – Intermediate: Email, Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working with high-tech Hi Fi/ TV systems.
- Capable to prioritise and make practical decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Calm, flexible, confident and capable to cope in stressful situations.
- Incredibly organised with outstanding attention to detail.
- Able to act as front of house.
- Immaculate presentation (uniform will be provided).
- Fluency in English both written and verbal.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of etiquette, and correct form of address.
- Able to roll up sleeves and get hands dirty.
- Willingness to work long hours.
- Polite and well-mannered.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
Job Additional Information
Live-in (shared accomodation provided).
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.