Job Responsibilities of the Head Housekeeper
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- Care of fine furnishings, finishes and delicate surfaces including care of arts, antiques, silver and delicate items.
- Washing, ironing, steaming and linen care, including washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Packing and unpacking of suitcases.
- Meals planning, preparation and cooking.
- Perform table setting and table service.
- Assistance with private and social events.
- Travel to the United States for periods of a maximum of two (2) weeks at a time.
- Travel to the country property outside Toronto.
- Handling general requests, as needed.
Assistant Management Duties:
- Assume house management duties when the Chef/Manager is away to include;
- Heating and presenting pre-prepared food (as instructed).
- Table dressing and service.
- Supervising vendors when onsite.
- Leading and working alongside other members of staff.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
- Good cooking skills and enjoy preparing healthy meals.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Always be professional, polished, discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Smoke-Free environment.
According to experience.
Job Additional Information
- Vacation: 2 weeks.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 40 hours+/ week (flexibility required).
- No benefits provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.