Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Cleaner
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- General house cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc.
- Maintaining care & inventory of fine china, crystal, artwork, & special collections.
- Keep the children playing space clean and tidy.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens and washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Cleaning and covering furniture on 2 terraces
- Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Food preparation (reheating), pantry and fridge management.
- Table setting and table service.
- Clean dishes, including loading and emptying the dishwasher, putting away dishes, hand washing pots and dishes that don’t go in dishwasher, etc.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Childcare duties (when required):
- Answering the doorbell (control entries/exits), greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone. Offer beverage services to guest upon arrival
- Pet care (1 cat).
- Running household and personal errands.
- Clean furniture on 2 outside terraces and cover furniture when not home and during winter season
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Good English and French communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Capacity to work long hours during peak season.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Always keep a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-free environment.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation (Vacation during time employer is out of town).
- Live out.
- Work days: Undetermined (flexibility required).
- Work hours: ±11:00 am to 9:00 pm, when the employer is at residence (flexibility required).
- No group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.