Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Cleaner
To be responsible for the overall care and appearance of the employer’s residences including family care by being responsive to the employers varying needs whilst keeping utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Performing general house cleaning duties such as; vacuming, dusting, mopping the floors, etc.
- Daily tidying of the house and putting items away.
- Cleaning and organisation of outdoor areas, furnitures, BBQ, etc.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Do the laundry; washing of clothes, linens & towels, ironing, folding clothing and placing in closets, etc.
- Changing bed sheets.
- Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
KITCHEN / MEAL PREPARATION
- Meals planning, preparation and cooking.
- Babysitting during the evening (±1 evening per week).
- Driving the children, as needed.
OTHER HOUSEHOLD DUTIES
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- Spa maintenance (water quality, safety and keeping a clean area).
- Occasional assistance with private and social events.
- Occasional chauffeur service.
- Responding to emergencies.
- Remove snow from balcony and patio, blowing leaves in fall, etc.
- Travel to the secondary residence (Laurantians and Florida) as required.
- Running household and personal errands.
- Handling general requests as needed.
It is not possible to identify all the duties and responsibilities required for this position. As with any such role, the main goal is to ensure the efficient coordination of the employer’s business and personal life. The Housekeeper will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities not specified above, as required and as the business necessitates, on an occasional or ongoing basis.
- Minimum of two (2) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30 lbs to 50 lbs).
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs as well as the capacity to work long hours during peak seasons
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Good English or French communication skills (verbal and written).
- Energetic with a strong work ethic.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Good English, French or Spanish verbal communication skills.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have (or be able to get) a Canadian passport.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must like children and be pet friendly.
- Smoke-free environment.
$20 per hour.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: ±35 hours per week (flexibility required).
- Group insurance plan/benefit not provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.