Vancouver, British Columbia (BC), Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Cleaner-Cook
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- General house cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc.
- Maintaining care & inventory of fine china, crystal, artwork, & special collections.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens and washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Creating menus.
- Creating and prepare fresh seasonal and healthy meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Table setting and service.
- Snacks preparation.
- Dishes, pots and pans cleaning.
- Pantry and refrigerator management.
- Occasional chauffeur duties.
- Car maintenance; bring the car for maintenance, car wash, fueling, etc.
- Keep a mileage log.
- Answering the doorbell (control entries/exits), greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Provide high quality services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to the principal, guests, staff and outside service providers.
- Occasional assistance with private and social events.
- Running household and personal errands, including rocery shopping, pick up/drop off dry cleaning, etc.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surface, fine art, etc.
- Strong culinary background and have a passion for preparing healthy meals.
- Have some familiarity with Jewish customs and traditions.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Capacity to work long hours during peak season.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Must be familiar with the use of smartphones, Smart Home automation systems, etc.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative and not afraid to ask questions.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Always keep a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30 lbs to 50 lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Live in (full board)
- Work days: 5 days a week including one weekend day.
- Work hours: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm (flexibility required).
- Group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 604.210.4575 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.