Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Cleaner-Cook
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- General house cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping & washing of floor, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc.
- Maintaining care & inventory of fine china, crystal, artwork & special collections.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens and washing delicate fabrics, washing sheets.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Managing pick-ups and deliveries.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Creating and prepare fresh seasonal meals (dinner).
- Creating menus.
- Table setting and table service.
- Organizing and managing kitchen inventories.
- Cleaning, organizing, and keeping the cleanliness standards of overall the kitchen and storage places.
- Clean dishes, including loading and emptying the dishwasher, putting away dishes, hand washing pots and dishes that don’t go in the dishwasher, etc.
- Frequent chauffeur duties.
- Providing companionship and support services.
- Grocery shopping, pick up/drop off dry cleaning, prescriptions & other errands
- Assistance with medications management.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- Answering the doorbell (control entries/exits), greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Supervising service contractors.
- Document filling and various internet duties, including posting ads and miscellaneous searches.
- Provide basic computer and web browsing training to the employer.
- Occasional assistance with private and social events.
- Responding to emergencies (ex. physical injuries at the residence).
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Good English or French communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Strong culinary background with a passion for cooking.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Good computer literacy.
- Must be tech savvy (familiar with the use of smartphones, laptops and tablets).
- Thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Always keep a professional demeanor, be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30 lbs to 50 lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm (flexibility required).
- House car available for work duties.
- Accessible by public transportation.
- No parking space provided.
- No group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.