Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Cleaner-Gardener
We are looking for a part or full time housekeeper-gardener.
- House cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc.
- Maintaining care and inventory of fine china, crystal, antiques, artwork & special collections.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens and hand washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and tidy rooms.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects with sensitivity.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Watering and maintaining indoor plants.
- Clean dishes, loading and emptying dishwasher, hand washing delicate pots and dishes, etc.
- Trash, compost and recycling management.
- We envision and are willing to invest in the most wonderful garden imaginable.
- Plan and execute all the gardening tasks for a beautiful vegetable and recreational garden.
- About 350 sq/ft available for food production (facing south, good earth, we will share the harvest!).
- About 800 sq/ft is a recreational garden for outdoor summer dining and kids playing.
- Occasional grocery shopping, pick up/drop off dry cleaning, and other errands.
- Occasional supervising contractors coming to the house to fix things.
- Occasional house and dog sitting while we travel.
- Occasional dog walking.
- Handling misc. requests as needed.
- Occasional help with creative projects.
- Must have good energy, be a happy and positive person.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- A green thumb. Must have genuine passion for gardening.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict schedule.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Always keep a professional demeanor, be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. A can provide a car for errands.
- Must have current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Must like dogs.
Competive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (flexibility required).
- Accessible by public transportation.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possbile.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 604.210.4575 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.