Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager
The building operations manager (Hands-on House Manager / Property Manager) is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and operations of the building including the building automation system.
- Responsible for the main residence of the employer.
- Oversees contractual work performed on a property.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of the physical building and all of its mechanical and plumbing equipment including all automated systems. Review manuals for all equipment and understand the workings of individual components and
- Ensure full knowledge of the fire alarm system and components.
- Schedule an annual emergency evacuation drill.
- Conduct monthly fire equipment inspections throughout building.
- Conduct quarterly safety inspections and be familiar with all aspects of the fire safety plan and fire safety equipment and the function of various components, such as wet/dry sprinklers, fire-pumps, generators, elevators etc.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs, including basic preventative mechanical maintenance and common elements repairs.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of all maintenance contracts in place and monitor contractor performance.
- Provide input as requested and for the issuing of new contracts.
- Coordinate contractors for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure resident satisfaction by delivering a prompt, courteous service completing all work in a professional manner while ensuring a positive “resident service” experience to all residents.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Notify of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Manage the successful completion of property specific projects including tendering of contracts, interaction with contractors and relevant vendors, construction, deficiencies, budget versus actual project spend and all other relevant
- responsibilities as it relates to capital projects.
- Conduct inspections and ensure routine maintenance is completed as scheduled or assigned.
- Perform minor maintenance including but not limited to garbage removal, snow removal, landscaping etc.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Has a working knowledge of employment related legislation impacting property management.
- Excellent problem solver; demonstrates ability to use creative alternatives.
- Organizational and time management abilities with the ability to implement and monitor progress for successful completion; working well under pressure and deadlines.
- Effectively communicate so as to instill confidence in all associate within the division.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Must be goal minded and possess a self-starting drive to get the job done.
- Ability to listen to others, collaborate, and resolve conflict.
- Protects the confidential nature of the work as appropriate.
- Demonstrates positive interaction and visibility.
- Demonstrates effective English oral and written communication skills.
- Pleasant, professional attitude with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize for effective time management.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to a positive customer service experience.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Capacity to take initiative and leadership.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
Competitive salary, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (flexibility required).
- House-car available for work duties.
- Group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.