Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager
- Day to day running of one residence to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Occasional coordination assistance with the other properties.
- Identify maintenance needs and repair projects.
- Scheduling and supervision of household installations, trades and vendors for interior & exterior and seasonal projects, including quotes analysis, negotiation and documents filing.
- Provide high quality guest services in a professional manner.
- Recruiting, training, and supervision of the household staff and working alongside as needed.
- Calendar management, coordinate and assisting with event planning.
- Installing/uninstalling seasonal decorations (i.e. Halloween, Christmas, etc.)
- Managing and monitoring household inventories and a budget.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Lead in the organization and service during private and social events.
- Occasional Chauffeur duties.
- Overall vehicles management, including storing, mechanical inspections and maintenance, fuelling, washing, etc.
- Answering to emergencies.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping, dry cleaning, office drop-off/pick-up, etc.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property maintenance.
- Good English and/or French communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the use of a Smartphone.
- Must have a good understanding of a variety of Apple products and be a quick study.
- Must be tech savvy (familiar with the use of smartphones, Smart Home automation systems, etc.).
- Able to create and maintain a document filing system.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Have a strong sense of initiative.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on projects.
- Have strong team work spirit, diplomacy and tact.
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer and to exceed expectations.
- Always keep a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Live out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice