Westmount, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager
Manage the Children’s schedule and needs:
Keep track of schedules for all:
- School schedule: homework due-dates, exam periods, holidays, early dismissals.
- Extra-curricular activities and outings.
- Driving children to and from school, appointments and activities – as needed (sometimes).
- Book doctor and other appointments including follow-ups.
- Monitor children’s clothing, accessories and personal toiletries needs .
- Register and help them attend extra-curricular activities; keep them busy and active.
- Plan ahead for birthday parties, play dates, encourage their social lives.
Managing and handling Household schedule:
- Planning, coordinating and overseeing all projects and work related to the household.
- Manage/organize the household’s schedules and calendars for family.
- Managing all household inventory, ordering supplies, and other requested items.
- Home Party and Event planning, organizing and coordination including dealing with florist, caterer, etc.
- Welcoming guests and ensuring they are taken care of.
Manage the staff and other tasks:
- Home in Montreal and vacation home in a more limited capacity
- Supervision of household staff; including scheduling and organizing their duties within the household.
- Staff Schedules (regular hours, parties, special occasions, babysitting).
- Organize tasks and set up to-do lists for the home.
- Planning and overseeing family menus; may include help with service.
- Preparing grocery lists and some grocery shopping.
- Running errands and performing necessary tasks; including dry cleaning, grocery lists, and some grocery shopping.
- Light housekeeping.
- Wardrobe management for dry cleaning.
- Book personal travel for the family and coordinate schedules.
- Organize and pack luggage appropriately for family and children.
- three (3) to five (5) years’ similar experience.
- Highly dependable and punctual.
- Ability to multitasking.
- Must be able to organize, supervise and prioritize.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Live out
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (flexibility required).
- House car available for work duties.
- No group benefit plan provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.