House Manager – Hands-on
House Manager – Hands-on
Rosedale, Toronto, Ontario
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager – Hands-on
- Day to day running of two (2) properties, to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Provide high quality guest services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to staff, guests and outside service providers.
- Scheduling and supervision of household installations, trades and vendors for interior, exterior and seasonal projects.
- Seasonal preparation of the residence (i.e. storing outdoor furniture etc.)
- Calendar management, coordinate and assisting with event planning.
- A creative interest in aesthetics including décor and floral arrangement.
- Lead and manage the housekeeping team by example in cleaning, dusting, laundry, ironing and table settings etc.
- Managing and monitoring household inventories and a budget.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Lead in the organization and service during private and social events.
- Chauffeur duties as required.
- Overall vehicles management, including storing, mechanical inspections and maintenance, fuelling, washing and record keeping etc.
- Responding to emergencies.
- Assist with the security responsibilities of the residence, including over night stays when the family is away, follow up of any alarms that may arise while on duty.
- Travel to the different properties as required.
- General errand running, including grocery shopping, dry cleaning, office drop-off/pick-up, etc.
- Leading and assisting with a wide variety of food preparation.
- Pet care, including a willingness to be actively involved in grooming when necessary.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property maintenance.
- An understanding and level of comfort with etiquette as the role is driven by the Principals with regular interaction.
- A strong interest in food including current trends and up to date cooking skills for healthy meal preparation.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the use of a Smartphone (Apple). Must have a good understanding of a variety of apple products and be a quick study.
- Must be able to understand and troubleshoot home automation systems.
- Must be able to create and maintain documents and professional systems.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest quality of service.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Have a strong sense of initiative.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Honest and committed individual who is a self-starter.
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on projects.
- Have the ability to work under minimal direction as well as working as a team.
- Have strong team work spirit, diplomacy and tact.
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer and to exceed expectations.
- Professional, polished, discreet and always maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence, a good driving record and be confident in Chaufering and driving larger vehicles.
- Owning a car in good condition is an asset.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must love pets.
- Must be comfortable around open water and boats. A boat licence would be an asset.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Flexibility required.
- House-car available for work duties.
- Group insurance/benefits plan provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8336
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.