House Manager-Head of Guest Services
House Manager-Head of Guest services
Georgian Bay, Ontario and Florida
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager-Head of Guest services
- Working with Georgian Bay region residence and the Florida property managers to promote a high level of housekeeping and food service standards.
For the Georgian Bay summer residence:
- Opening and closing all structures.
- Hire temporary seasonal service staff as needed.
- Create staff schedules, cleaning routines and schedules, and training plan for all housekeeping & table service duties.
- Working with Senior Guest Service Attendants to address issues and service gaps.
- Manage inventories of all linens, crockery, cookware, and furniture.
- Ensure all housekeeping services are at the required standard (e.g. laundry; ironing; cleaning; morning guest room service; evening guest room service; and, daily property checks).
- Manage catering service, working with the Chefs and front of house team to create a seamless and timely service for all guests and meals.
- Conduct frequent inspections of all properties.
- Operate and safeguard a petty cash system and approve all legitimate staff expenses within established limits of authority.
- Liaise with the residential team to manage all clothing inventories.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of special events and weekend hospitality.
- Assist guest services staff by providing hands-on support as need to ensure operations run smoothly all season.
- Conduct summer staff orientation and performance reviews.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the working order of electronic systems, audio & A/V, iPod docks, speakers/sound system and WI-FI throughout the residence.
- Assist with local grocery shopping and flower arranging.
- Greet guests and visitors.
- Liaise and coordinate with the boat drivers and seaplane pilots for guest arrivals.
- Ensure staff accommodations are kept clean, tidy and in order.
For the Florida property:
- Working with the Maintenance Manager in Florida to promote a high level of housekeeping and food service standards.
- Hiring temporary seasonal service staff and managing other permanent staff members.
- Creating rotational schedules, cleaning routines, and training for all housekeeping & table service duties.
- Assisting with the planning, coordination and execution of special events.
- Ensuring that all housekeeping services are at the required standard (e.g. laundry; ironing; cleaning; morning guest room service; evening guest room service; and, daily property checks)
- Oversee catering services, working with the Chefs and front of house team to create a seamless and timely service for all guests and meals, assisting with food service for all meals.
- Working closely with the private office, Operations Manager and the Principals personal assistants to co-ordinate clothing, jewelry and make up inventories.
- Working closely with the Maintenance Manager and Personal Assistants to ensure that all required equipment for additional family members has been purchased and stocked for the season
- (eg. children’s bikes, games, water toys, etc)
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the working order of phone systems, electronic systems, Audio & AV, iPod docks, speakers/sound system and Wi-Fi throughout the home.
- Perform front of house service as needed.
- Work closely with the Personal Assistants with a view to covering days off during high season.
- Greeting of guests and visitors.
- Food preparation to support Chef days off.
- Experience managing and motivating a team is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospitality and service, within a private residence or 5-Star hotel/resort.
- Computer/technical literacy – Intermediate: Email, Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working with high-tech Hi-Fi/ TV systems.
- Capable to prioritize and make practical decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Calm, flexible, confident and capable to cope in stressful situations.
- Incredibly organized with outstanding attention to detail.
- Able to act as front of the house.
- Good standard of cooking for small numbers.
- Immaculate presentation (uniform will be provided).
- Fluency in English both written and verbal.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of etiquette, and correct form of address.
- Able to roll up sleeves and get hands dirty.
- Willingness to work long hours.
- Polite and well-mannered.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- Live in (accommodation provided).
- Generous group benefit plan provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.