Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the House Manager
- Day to day running of one property in Kingston, to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Identify maintenance needs and repair projects.
- Scheduling and supervision of household installations, trades and vendors for interior & exterior and seasonal projects, including quotes analysis, negotiation and documents filing.
- Provide high quality guest services in a professional, courteous and accommodating manner to staff, guests and outside service providers.
- Calendar management.
- Managing and monitoring household inventories and a budget.
- Recruiting, training, management and co-ordination of the in-house team.
- Representation and maintain contact of the Estate to all government agencies.
- Creating and transmitting of a weekly activity log, and immediate reporting of unforeseen events.
- Answering to emergencies.
- Assist with security responsibilities of the residence, including monitoring of electronic security systems and follow up of any alarms that may arise while on duty.
- Creation of a high level & detailed House Manual.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property maintenance.
- Excellent English, communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook/ or Thunderbird).
- Must be tech savvy (familiar with the use of Smart Home automation systems, etc.).
- Adhering to the policies and follow instructions.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Always keep a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
- Have strong team work spirit, diplomacy and tact.
- Exceptional organizational skills, priority management skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have reasonable bookkeeping & accounting knowledge.
- Ability to manage and develop a diverse team of 8 staff.
- Communication Skills (verbal & written).
- Detail Orientated.
- Planning & Organising.
- Team Working.
- Managing the Performance of Others.
- Developing Others.
Job Additional Information
- Accommodation provided.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.