East Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper
About the employer:
They are a young couple deeply involved in the arts (he is an architect/designer/sculptor, she is a contemporary ballet dancer/choreographer). Their one year old daughter is a bright eyed, magical child with lots of adventurous energy and voracious curiosity. Their medium sized dog is generally well behaved, energetic, handsome and very quirky. This summer they are completing the renovation of a small but very beautiful home to raise their family in, and they are looking for the right person to weave into the day to day of their lives.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and maintaining the general appearance of the whole residence.
- General house cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc.
- Maintaining care & inventory of fine china, crystal, antiques, artwork & special collections.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens and washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects with sensitivity.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Watering and maintaining indoor plants.
- Clean dishes, including loading and emptying the dishwasher, putting away dishes, hand washing pots and dishes that don’t go in the dishwasher, etc.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Pantry and refrigerator management.
- Plan and execute all the gardening tasks for a beautiful little vegetable garden.
- Maintain the gardening tools and work environment.
- Provide part time childcare for one (1) child, (15 months old).
- Create and maintaining a healthy, safe, fun and nurturing environment for the child.
- Coordinating daytime activities with the child (approx. two (2) days per week). Organizing and participating in various leisure activities at home and outdoors (eg. taking child to parks and playgrounds, arts & crafts, reading books, going to library, museum, art galleries, performances, etc.).
- Taking the child to and from appointments and activities.
- Providing developmentally appropriate educational games.
- Grocery shopping, pick up/drop off dry cleaning & other errands.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- Supervising service contractors.
- Occasional house sitting.
- Pet care (dog walking, sitting, etc.).
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Must have “good energy”.
- Minimum of two (2) years similar work experience.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written). Other language(s) a bonus but not a requirement.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for delicate surfaces, fine art, antiques, etc.
- A green thumb! Must have genuine passion for gardening. Experience in hands-on gardening work and knowledge of flowers, plants and vegetables. Be knowledgeable about plants, their culture and basic pathology.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Always keep a professional demeanour, be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30 lbs to 50 lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must love children.
- Must like dogs.
- Smoke-free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation. Three (3) weeks paid vacation after two (2) years of service.
- Live out.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (flexibility required).
- Accessible by public transportation.
- Health insurance plan/benefit provided after 2 years of service.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 604.210.4575 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.