King City, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper
- General house cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc.
- Maintaining care & inventory of fine china, crystal, artwork & special collections.
- Keep spaces clean and tidy.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens and washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds.
- Tidy rooms daily.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Coordination of the dry-cleaning delivery service.
- Occasional food prep.
- Cleaning, organizing and keeping the cleanliness standards of the kitchen, pantries, cupboards and refrigerators.
- Keeping a list of fresh and dry produces and make the rotations.
- Answering the doorbell (control entries/exits), greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Supervise trades, vendors, and contractors.
- Occasional assistance with private and social events.
- Running household and personal errands.
- Responding to emergencies.
- Act as the residence guardian in the absence of the employers.
- Pet care, including dog walking and cat litter change.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning, maintenance and organization.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs to 50lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good working condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like cats and dogs.
- Smoke-free environment.
Competitive, based on experience.
Job Additional Information
- Live in during working days only OR live out.
- From start date through December 2018, Applicant required to live in for approximately two weeks a month, Monday through Thursday.
- Work days: Monday to Thursday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm (flexibility required).
- Some periods will require to stay at the residence for a few weeks at a time.
- Uniform provided.
- No group benefit plan provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.