Laval, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper
- Childcare and supervision of 2 children (preschool and primary school age).
- Driving the children, as needed.
- Supervising and helping with children’s homework.
- Assist the maid with the following tasks and perform them entirely when traveling to other residences:
- General house cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc. of the main and secondary residences.
- Maintaining care & inventory of fine china, crystal, artwork, & special collections.
- Keep the children playing space clean and tidy.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens and washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Organizing and managing household inventories.
- Meals planning, preparation and cooking.
- Running household and personal errands.
- Answering the doorbell (control entries/exits), greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Supervise trades, vendors, and contractors.
- Occasional assistance with private and social events.
- Travel to the different residences when required (Laval, Laurentians, Florida, France).
- Responding to emergencies (ex. alarm system).
- Pet care (one cat and eventually a dog).
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Good French communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organization.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Capacity to work long hours during peak season.
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Be professional, polished, discreet, and always maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs to 50lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
- Must like cats and dogs.
- Must know how to swim.
- Smoke-free environment.
According to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.