North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper-Cook
- Responsible for light cleaning to maintain the general appearance of the whole residence. There is an additional deep cleaning service once a week.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens and washing delicate fabrics.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
- Closet organization, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Packing, unpacking and transport of suitcases.
- Managing dry cleaning pick-up and delivery.
- Flower arrangement and plant management.
- Meals planning, preparation and cooking.
- Dishes, pots and pans cleaning.
- Trash and recycling management.
- Pantry and refrigerator management.
- Grocery shopping, pick up/drop off dry cleaning & other errands.
- Daily/frequent chauffeur duties, specifically collecting the children from school.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- Assume full responsibility of the household in absence of parents.
- Planning and participating in activities with the children.
- Answering the doorbell (control entries/exits), greeting of guests and visitors as well as answering the phone.
- Occasional assistance with private and social events.
- Working in collaboration with another staff member.
- Running household and personal errands.
- Handling general requests as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Thinking creatively about how to provide highest quality of service.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30 lbs to 50 lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must like children.
According to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Working hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Monday to Thursday (possibly Friday).
- No group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 604.210.4575 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.