Housekeeper – Personal Assistant
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Housekeeper – Personal Assistant
- General house cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc.
- Maintaining care & inventory of fine china, crystal, artwork, & special collections.
- Laundry, ironing, folding clothing, linens, etc.
- Making beds and tidy rooms daily.
- Closet organization, under strict direction, always maintaining personal effects properly.
- Plan and prepare meals when asked for; set table and clear table of dishes afterward.
- Clean dishes, including loading and emptying dishwasher, putting away dishes, hand washing pots and dishes that don’t go in dishwasher, etc.
- Grocery shopping, pick up/drop off dry cleaning, & other errands
- Trash and Recycling management.
- Assisting with planning special events and entertaining in the home.
- Assisting with or in charge of keeping the household budgets.
- Selecting, supervising and scheduling service contractors.
- Maintenance and upkeep of grounds/garden and outdoor areas.
- Answering the doorbell, greeting of guests and visitors.
- Running household and personal errands.
- Travel to the secondary residence (United States) when necessary (approximately ten (10) times per year for periods of two (2) weeks or more).
- Handling general requests as needed.
Childcare duties (when required):
- Supervision and care of children.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- Tend to emotional well-being of children.
- Assume full responsibility of household in absence of parents.
- Ensure that children are never left unattended.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- Experience in hands-on household work and knowledge of all areas of property cleaning and organizing.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Capacity to work long hours during peak season.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office Suite, Internet browsing, etc).
- Flexibility to handle last minute changes.
- Must have a sense of initiative.
- Can work under minimal direction.
- Have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skill.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the employer.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Always keep a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
- Be physically fit and able to reach and lift medium weight objects (e.g. 30lbs to 50lbs).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have (or able to get) a Canadian passport.
- Must have a car in good working condition.
- Must like children.
- Must like dogs.
- Smoke-free environment.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (flexibility required).
- House car provided for work duties.
- Group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Charles Berry, Branch Manager
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 224 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.