Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Nanny
CHILD RELATED DUTIES
- Providing all aspects of childcare for a new born and accompany him/her in his/her development (long-term) and for possible other
- children in the future.
- Creating and maintaining a healthy, safe and nurturing environment for the child.
- Bathing and assistance with dressing.
- Walking with the child daily, stimulate/promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Providing developmentally appropriate educational games.
- Organizing child’s play time.
- Organizing and participating in various leisure activities at home and outdoors.
- Reinforcing appropriate discipline for the children.
- Encouraging unstructured and independent play, with a focus on allowing child to self-discover on their own time
COOKING RELATED DUTIES
- Planning and preparation of healthy and balanced meals.
- Feeding the child.
- Cleaning the kitchen and dining areas.
HOUSEHOLD RELATED DUTIES
- Keeping the house organized (organizing kitchen cabinets, fridge, dry storage, child’s nursery, etc.).
- Keeping floors clean, including sweeping daily and mopping weekly.
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning the children’s environment.
- Occasional travelling with the family in different countries for up to one (1) weeks at a time.
- Handling general requests, as needed
- Minimum three (3) years similar experience.
- Good English communication skills is mandatory (write and read).
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
- Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters.
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Have a keen sense of initiative.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the children.
- Always keep a professional demeanour and maintain confidentiality.
- Respect and protect the right to privacy of the household by keeping all information confidential.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must be able to obtain a passport and travel internationally.
- First aid training and child and infant CPR certification.
- Smoke-free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- Live in
- Work days: Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
- Work hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (flexibility required).
- No benefits plan provided.
Job Starting Date
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.