Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Personal Assistant
The Personal Assistant (PA) will provide daily support to the Principal in the areas of contact management, schedule and agenda planning, travel, transportation and accommodation planning, as well as running personal errands and other activities to free up the Principal’s time. The PA will be responsible for managing the Principal’s business and investment governance process, as well as all documents and financial records related to the Principal’s personal matters.
The PA may also provide some or all of the same support for the Principal’s family member(s).
Specific Areas of Focus:
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with all correspondence (letters, e-mails, etc.) and phone calls – screening and prioritizing as appropriate.
- Managing diaries and organizing meetings and appointments, and coordinating with the appropriate contacts from the Family’s varied businesses.
- Ensuring the Principal has all relevant documentation and background in advance of all major meetings (business, shareholder, personal financial management).
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation, including Commercial, Charter and other forms of transportation and preparation of comprehensive travel itinerary.
- Organizing the Principal’s involvement in various philanthropic and networking events and conferences, both locally and globally.
- Reminding the Principal of important tasks and deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate documents management, procedures and administrative systems.
- Liaising with personal contacts, staff from the Principal’s businesses and investments, and other members of the Principal’s network as needed and appropriate.
- Liaising with Executive Leaders and Finance Teams from the Principal’s Businesses and Investments.
- Collating and filing expenses appropriately, separating those related to the businesses from those related to personal expenses.
- Oversee the management of the Principal’s private residences (Montreal, Laurentians, Barbados) and rental properties.
- Pet care (small dog).
- Miscellaneous tasks to support the Principal as needed and appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 to 7 years experience in a senior level administrative or Executive Assistant role, with preference given to involvement in a family business.
- A Degree or Diploma in a relevant program, such as Communications, Business Administration, Administrative Services, etc. is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Arts, Culture and/or Entertainment sector.
- Experience in organizing high profile speaking and other public and private engagements.
- Experience in booking a wide variety of transportation (both commercial and private charter, covering local and global travel).
- Basic understanding of Finance, Private Banking and Budgeting, with the ability to create simple reports and spreadsheets.
- Discretion, tact, diplomacy and trustworthiness: The PA will often be party to highly personal and confidential information.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to work on their own, be proactive and take initiative.
- Ensuring the orderly management of the Principal’s time, and assist with balancing the various personal, public and business commitments.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, in both French and English.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software as required.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have a driver’s license.
Competitive, based on experience.
Job Additional Information
- Travel may be required.
- Works from the Principal’s home office.
- Work days: Monday to Friday (some flexibility required).
- Work hours: business hours (some flexibility required).
- Group insurance plan/benefit provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.