West Island, Québec, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Personal Assistant
- Be responsive to the varying needs of the employer and his family.
- Ensure that the household paperwork is always in order and up to date.
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality of the employer’s business and personal affairs.
- Be prepared to work outside normal business hours from time to time.
- Maintain efficient operation of the employer’s office and private life.
- Write and prepare correspondence, materials and reports, as required, in a professional and situation-appropriate manner.
- Receive and screen mail, email and phone calls, professionally and discreetly, so that the employer is kept apprised of important and relevant information.
- Paying bills and filling in forms.
- Provide expense reports and credit card reconciliations.
- Ensure thank you cards, Christmas cards, and personal notes are prepared and sent when required.
SCHEDULE & MEETINGS MANAGEMENT
- Manage calendar by scheduling business and personal appointments, ensuring that the employer has the most up-to-date information on his schedule.
- Make travel, hotel, restaurant, etc. arrangements for the employer and family members.
- Interfacing with professional contacts such as vendors and contractors.
- Prepare, organize and coordinate business and personal functions such as social events, family gatherings, etc.
INFORMATION AND FILE MANAGEMENT
- Manage physical and electronic filing system so that all files are organized and accessible.
- Maintain records of incoming and outgoing correspondence and materials ensuring that information that needs to be kept is filed or archived, and other information is shredded or recycled.
- Research and summarize research results on any topic requested by the employer and maintain files related to such information.
- Create a weekly activity report.
- Coordinate services and maintain open communication with external service providers to ensure the needs of the employer is met.
- Ensured all parties involved in projects are kept up to date with status and that the projects are kept on schedule and on budget.
- Coordinate the regular pick-up and delivery of personal goods and business materials.
- Research and acquire items of a personal nature as requested, such as ad hoc shopping.
- Supervision of various on-going projects, including oversight of construction/renovation sites.
- Assistance with IT troubleshooting.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED FROM TIME TO TIME
- It is not possible to identify all the duties and responsibilities required for this position. As with any such role, the main goal is to ensure the efficient coordination of the employer’s business
- and personal life. The Personal Assistant will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities not specified above, as required and as the business necessitates, on an occasional or on-going basis.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar work experience.
- A university or college degree is an asset.
- Must have an exceptional organizational skills and attention to details.
- Proficient on PC or MAC operating system and with MS Office Suite.
- Must be tech savvy (familiar with the use of smartphones, Smart Home automation systems, etc.).
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexibility in the working hours, according to the employer’s needs.
- Flexibility to handle last-minute changes.
- Confident, intelligent, and dedicated individual who is focused on making improvements and finding new solutions.
- Alert, curious, responsive and resourceful.
- Personable and fun to work with.
- Proactive – you take the initiative to ask, learn, and make things happen.
- Ability to handle multiple requests, prioritize, and respond quickly and efficiently.
- Always keep a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Must have a driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good working condition.
- Smoke-Free environment.
$30.00 to $35.00 per hour.
Job Additional Information
- Work hours: Flexible – ±15 hours per week.
- Work environment: Home-office and residence office.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 514.312.7019 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.