Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Responsibilities of the Private Chef
- Create fresh seasonal meals according to the family and entertaining schedule.
- Create menus.
- Food and wine pairing.
- Table setting and table service.
- Cleaning, organizing and keeping the cleanliness standards of the kitchen, pantries, cupboards, refrigerator, etc.
- Grocery shopping and errands.
- Handling special requests as needed.
- Strong cooking background.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a private residence or yacht.
- Must have a formal training in classical French cuisine and move smoothly to maximize multitasking.
- Hygiene and Food safety certified.
- Skilled plate presentation.
- Wine knowledge.
- Cleanliness is of utmost important at ALL TIMES.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexible hours and scheduling with availability to work evenings and weekends according to the household needs.
- Must have a passion for cooking, be proactive and know to anticipate.
- Have the ability to adapting to the family’s tastes and preferences.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Be discreet, able to pay attention to details and have a good presentation.
- Ability to multitasking and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Poised and professional at all times, even under pressure.
- Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have a car in good condition.
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada.
- Smoke-Free environment.
Competitive, according to experience.
Job Additional Information
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- Work days: Tuesday to Saturday.
- Work hours: 40 hours/week.
- House-car available for work duties.
- No company insurance/benefits provided.
Job Starting Date
As soon as possible.
Job Contact Information
Nicolas Marion, Private Staffing Specialist
Phone: 416.907.9618 ext. 223 | Toll-free: 1.866.201.8338
* The pin shown on the map represent an approximate location.
* This job description may change without notice.